Anaphylaxis UK (formally Anaphylaxis Campaign) is the only UK-wide charity operating solely for the growing numbers of people at risk of serious allergic reactions and anaphylaxis.
For over 25 years, we have been striving for a brighter future for the allergic community. We offer information and support for individuals and their families, for businesses and for schools and other places of education. We provide resources for people with serious allergies that can be trusted and are both scientifically based and factually accurate.
Anaphylaxis is a serious and often sudden allergic reaction. It can occur when someone is exposed to something they are allergic to (known as an allergen).
Reactions usually begin within minutes and rapidly progress, but can occur up to 2-3 hours later. Anaphylaxis is a serious allergic reaction – it’s a whole-body response, requiring emergency treatment.
It can be really frightening if you or a loved one are diagnosed as being at risk of anaphylaxis; but remember, you’re not alone. Anaphylaxis UK is here to provide all the guidance you need, as and when you need it, to help you live life freely and safely.
Supporting People with Serious Allergies
Here are some of the ways we support people to manage day-to-day life with a serious allergy.
- Care and Medication: Getting the right information and medication is a vital first step in managing a serious allergy. We provide up-to-date and evidence-based information to help the allergic community navigate every milestone in their allergy journey
- A-Z of Allergies: Our website features a wealth of knowledge on all serious allergies, and includes access to PIF TICK accredited factsheets
- Allergy Alerts: Our life-saving allergy alerts are sent directly via email with important product updates
- Safer Schools Programme:Information and resources available to support schools to develop best practice policies and procedures to ensure children with allergies are managed safely
- AllergyWise:Our online learning platform for individuals, schools and professionals offers tailored courses that cover how to recognise and manage anaphylaxis
- Helpline:Our friendly Helpline team are available from 9am-5pm Monday to Friday to help answer questions or concerns
Most of what we offer is without charge and we rely on the generosity of our supporters to carry out our work.